For much of last year and into this year we’ve been obsessing about our users experience with Shibumi. Every last detail has been debated and discussed. Much of the improvements have been focused on streamlining the interface and providing to our users the fastest and simplest experience.
One of the areas that we knew needed some love was the very first stop for Shibumi users – the Login Page.
- We wanted to modernize the authentication experience with simple, logical steps to enter your credentials.
- We wanted to streamline the flow for users configured to authenticate using Single Sign On.
- We wanted to be able to easily share Shibumi news, customer success stories, and product updates.
And we’ve done it! We’re excited to introduce the new Shibumi Login Page!
This enhanced login page will be deployed to all of our production environments on the 13th of November.
Enhanced Login Flow
If your enterprise does not have SSO configured, the new login flow is the same, simple two-step process but now, the username is collected on page one, and the password is collected on a second page.
By separating the username from the password, it allows us to streamline the SSO process.
- For enterprises with SSO as the required authentication method, when the username is entered on the first page, clicking Next will route the user directly to the Identity Provider.
- For enterprises with SSO configured as an optional authentication method, after the username is entered, clicking Next routes to a page providing the options to either enter a password or to navigate to the Identify Provider to complete SSO authentication.
Communication & Notifications
The right side of our Login page allows us to share information about new solutions, announce community building events, provide product updates, etc. Having this right-side panel will make it much easier to communicate with all of you!
When it goes live on the 13th, we hope you love the new Login Page as much as we do! Contact your account team if you have any immediate feedback. In the meantime, we’ll keep working to make the Shibumi UX better and better!